07-07-2016, 03:32 AM   #8
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go
Here's what he said:

I ordered everything and use it all with the exception of the night vision.
The driver assistance packages are helpful and I use them regularly, the rear executive seating sets the car apart and elevates the interior. The only negatives are you lose the middle seat and the front passenger seat loses contour and massage function due to the electric folding foot rest.
I see Alpina is offering 21” forged non run flat and 20” Run flats – both rims are identical in style – I would order the 20”s -, they ride better and are worry free with no increase in road noise and a better ride

I don't trust the US Pricing and Order Guides for the wheel specs and availability dates. The 21" have not been released for production in any market due to a delay of the front tires from Michelin (M760i is also impacted). Availability has been moved from 7/16 to 10/16 in other markets.The wheel images in the order guide are all the 21" forged design (exposed hub bolts - nearly identical to the B5/6 Edition 50 wheels). The 20" wheels are the Alpina Classic design with covered hardware. They are not identical to each other.

Production has already begun and Michelin still does not show the front tires as available so unless they're bogarting all the 21" wheels for US orders until Oct, the guides need to be corrected ASAP.
Appreciate 0