Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Absolutely Not!

No. You are looking at a car that was probably built in 2013.

First, this is very suspicious. What's wrong with the dealer that they cannot unload some good 7 cars for over 2 years.

Two weeks ago, I would have agreed with you. But, now that the g11 has been fully disclosed, the value of a new 2014 just fell off a cliff.

If the trunk had gold bricks in it, then I would consider your offer.

Now, the dealer has been holding on to these cars so they don't have to lock in its losses.

This dealer might rather not sell these cars and get them to auction (as a mulligan) than actually sell them at a loss.

What to do:

1. You need to convey to the dealer that these 2014 7 series are junk. Tell them the high tech of the new 7 is incomparable and $20 off isn't anywhere near enough.

2. Nevertheless, you will consider taking $20k off under the following terms and conditions:

A. The dealer warrants the car is in new condition and never damaged or in a flood.
B. The dealer takes $20k off the top.
C. The dealer will give you the 6 year 100,000 mile warranty at no cost.
D. The dealer will add wheel and tire insurance at no cost.

I think this would be a decent and fair deal.
its not suspicious, this is the 4th largest city in the US and with 5/6+ BMW dealers in the Metro area, I bet there are 20+ 2014s out there and even more 2015s that dealers are willing to drop $20k+ off MSRP to get em off the inventory.

If you can get wheel/tire for free (doubt it) would be a bonus, but get the best deal you can, with buying the wheel/tire and get it refunded after the sale. I did that on all 3 I bought this year.
Lol, the fact that it's a big city makes even more suspicious.

I stand by my offer, or I'd walk.
Appreciate 0