Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by major one View Post
i have mine set to the all-red/orange hue. and maximum intensity with no reduction for night driving (save for the white vertical light pillars in the rear cabin - i leave those at medium setting). i chose the red/orange colours as 1/that is classic bmw and am used to seeing that over the years; 2/there were studies years ago that the red/orange colour is easier on the eyes at night (think submarine and fighter jet lighting); and 3/i have the cognac leather and the red/orange complements the leather colour quite well imo.
Agree that the orange (which is indeed nice for the historical reasons as well) is easier on the eyes, if you switch over at night you can definitely see and feel the reduction in eye strain (at least I can) so I tend to do that, may see if I can make that a short cut button to save me the hassle going from well lit areas (mostly urban) where I prefer the blue to unlit areas where I switch to orange.

Good point about the interior colours and matching. Thanks, appreciate the feedback. ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
I'm hoping I don't regret my light interior choice and can keep it clean. The kids are old enough that they shouldn't really be an issue at least. It'll probably be more simply dye transfer on days where you end up getting wet, etc I imagine.
Strange, I was worried about this myself when I got the car but (knocks on wood) I haven't had any issue with dye transfer yet and have plenty of dark blue jeans and have sat in it when wet, etc...not had to do any extra cleaning (besides the odd vacuum) and a leather clean every second month or so...I have been watching this to see if it would take on colours but so far I've been either very lucky or they have improved this?

Safe travels everyone.
Appreciate 0