View Single Post
      01-28-2018, 09:38 AM   #778
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

I originally ordered (and paid for) the Garmin Vector 3S pedals back in October for my current bike. They were supposed to ship "in a few weeks" at that point. I'm still waiting (along with thousands of other angry riders). At the time I had a pure Garmin environment when it came to data collection. Garmin Edge 1000, Garmin HRM, Garmin Speed and Cadence sensors, Garmin watch. So it made sense to stick with the Garmin pedals. Plus I liked the idea I could go cheaper now and buy the single-side version and upgrade later to both sides without breaking the bank. But then I started riding Zwift on my indoor trainer running off an AppleTV 4 and needed Bluetooth Smart sensors for that, so that kind of messed things up. With the purchase of this bike, my current bike becomes my dedicated indoor trainer. That means I can go back to pure ANT+ for my road bike, which will be a good thing. I've had the BT on my current trainer setup just drop out completely in the middle of a ride, which is frustrating.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1