Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Woah seriously? I sat in an 07 S550 and then sat in my friend's 750i. Why do you like the 7er more?
well, my father owns a S550, and his friend has a 750. she bought it a week after he got the S550 and he regrets buying it. i drove both, and the S550 has no personality. surprisingly, the 750 had alot more kick to it. so from a drivers perspective, the 7er is more to my taste.

Style wise, i dont like the S550, it copies the Maybach(sp?) too much and i dont find anything special about it. the 7er just looks sexier to me.

When it comes to the interior, i just dont like the S class. i dont think it was as tasteful as the 7er. plus, the backseats were... satisfactory. however, the 7er is really made to seat 4, hence the bulge in the rear mid seat. when i sat down in the back of the 7er, i felt like i had more than enough space, and the seats cushioned my entire body and i had no problem being in it for a 2 hour trip. sitting in the back of the S class for 2 hours, i felt claustrophobic, and wasnt nearly as comfy as the 7er. ive spent a great deal of time in both, and i can say with confidence (as well as my father) that the BMW 7er takes the cake.

trust me. everytime i talk to my dad about it, i laugh at him for not listening to me. he considers it as one of the biggest mistakes he has made in purchasing a car. he feels like an old man in it lol. i want him to get an M5 in 2 years, but the way the real estate market is going, he wont be buying anything for the next 3 years.

cheers