View Single Post
      08-09-2015, 11:59 PM   #65
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CirrusSR22 View Post
This has the updated 2015 GT Willow Springs lap time. Faster than the old Boss 302 Leguna Seca (different driver). More than 2 seconds faster than the M235i (same driver). There's still a number of true sports car versions of the Mustang coming up though. Sound like the "GT" is actually a true GT car and not a sports car. I'm guessing the next $60,000 Mustang Gt350/SVT/whatever will easily trounce an M3.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow...of_willow.html

I think the Camaro SS won because the've had so much more time to develop the chassis. I believe it wasn't until the ZL1 and 1LE package did it handle worth a damn. The new Alpha chassis Camaro should really be interesting. Hopefully Cadillac will share what they've learned developing the ATS-V and CTS-V chassis' and make it great from day one.
Old post, but compared to the equivalent priced Mustang, the 2010 and beyond Camaro has always handled better. The G8/holden chassis was stiffened significantly for the reincarnation of the camaro and it pulled high lateral Gs from the beginning, as well as had the wheel well size to take serious rubber. The regular SS wasn't bad, the 1LE improved on it, the Z/28 finished it off. The 2011 Mustang had to be stiff as heck to have any chance at being competitive, but then it would be bounced all around on any kind of real road. With the solid rear axle, they really didn't have much choice. Tire size was limiting and the brake cooling was poor. With the new mustang, for some reason, they chose to make it quite "soft" in the suspension department, allowing the camaro to still dominate on the track and as far as handling. Looking forward to the 350 though to see what ford can do. There's no reason why they should let the camaro walk all over them.
Appreciate 0