View Single Post
      08-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #12
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
I actually don't think they have any plans to race the M4. The E92 M3 GTR program was in development before the car was even debuted. I don't ever see BMW racing with a powerplant derived from the S55.

Maybe they will go racing with the next Z4? I see them maybe dropping out of ALMS after this year. Especially since the powerplant they use in the Z4 GTLM is based off and engine that is no longer in production.
I already exposed the faults behind this when you put this forward in another thread. Seeing as leaving ALMS would basically indicate leaving all of GT racing since they use unified GTE and GT3 specs, which isn't going to happen. I'm sure someone knows ALMS's homologation rules better than I but I believe the Z4 is valid for next season.

Do you wish to out yourself as an insider or do you actually have proof BMW doesn't have a racing program being developed for the M4? The next Z4 will use turbocharged engines as well which aren't even M engines, you think they'd rather derive an engine from a normal series I6 instead of the S55?

Last edited by tallshortguy; 08-12-2014 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0