Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Sorry for the long delay.

The weather hasn't been cooperating lately... lots of rainy days

Also, my wife had to stay at the hospital for the week I picked up my car
They suspected she may have had a heart attack so they kept her for almost a week at the hospital! She only got to see the new car after I had it for about 4 days!
She's back home now after some small surgery and is doing fine. Had to take care of the kids and everything else so things are finally getting back to normal around here.

The good things is that the doctors now changed their mind and re-classified her condition. So she did NOT actually have a heart attack. Which means she is allowed to drive a car!

Hope that by the weekend, the weather is going to clear up and I have a chance to take some nicer pictures of the car. Also need to wash the car first

On another note, I had to bring the car back into the shop after driving it for less than 100km... My neighbour found a screw in my driver side rear tire!!!!

So the dealership put it up and had a look at the tire. After removing the screw it showed a slow leak and since BMW doesn't allow them to fix a run-flat tire, they needed to replace it. Man am I glad that I got the tire and rim warranty!!!!

I assume that the screw was either in the tire by the time I went to pick up my car or it happened within the first 15km I drove the car... Not sure. Anyway, the good thing is that all the tires are still new so it makes no difference that they only changed one tire as they are all still brand new tires
Glad to hear about your Wife's condition - sounds like she will be fine. These medical emergencies can be scary at times.

Good thing you had the tire warranty! Is this something that is offered to you by the dealer? I don't recall discussing it with my US dealer. I actually took my F01 to the dealership today for the check engine light issue. As expected, my car is the first one back for any type of repair. There is also a Mandatory software upgrade for the car - so if you have a new 7- stop by the dealer. hopefully it will fix some of the glitches I have been experiencing. I didnt want them to write up the DVD/sound issue yet - too early to be a guinea pig.

I understand there is a new computer/software download machine that the dealers had to purchase for the F01/F01 ( and future F designated cars). They were "excited" to test out this new machine..... I received a 2008 750li as my loaner car. Let me tell you, it is a total piece of S$IT compared to my new F01. I was thinking to myself as I struggled with the old iDrive - how the hell did I buy 2 of these E65s?????? The interior is now a joke, the iDrive (which I have defended in the past) is sooo hard to use compared to the new iDrive. I'm glad I got this loaner to make me appreciate the F01 so much more and the advances in the car. Good job BMW!

I can honestly say that my F01 is MUCH closer to my M5 than it is to the old E65.
Appreciate 0