View Single Post
      11-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Copasetic222
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina B7

Help me Compare Please

I'm going around in a circle trying to compare some fairly uncomparable vehicles and i'd welcome your thoughts: I've had limited test drives but it's really hard to tell from those. I live three hours from dealers and inventory to test is an issue.
I currently have an '09 Cayenne Turbo S (with FabSpeed exhaust and TechArt lowering module). It's been fun, but I'm about ready to move on. I am tall and long in the torso so FIT is always the #1 issue.
I'm considering an '11 Cayenne Turbo. Upside: vastly improved in many ways. Downside: expensive, resale kills you (especially when you add a lot of "must have" options) and I'm not in love with the styling, especially the Hundai tail lights.
An X5M: upside: value compared to the Cayenne, like the looks, plenty of performance. Downside: much heavier than new Cayenne, much less fuel efficient and gas tank much smaller, towing is questionable because of hitch availability, I don't have to have an SUV (my wife has one). Feels like goinf backwards compared to new Cayenne.
750i or 750Li (either would have Xdrive because I'm in snow country). Upside: vast improvements in F01 looks and performance, value compared to Cayenne. Downside: not a B7, probably too "refined" for me in stock form, some mods available, some supposedly coming (Dinan ECU for Xdrive) but not here yet.
Alpina B7. Upside: it's an Alpina. Need I say more? Downside: questionable value, 07/08 B7's depreciated like rocks, may be perfect combination of refinement and "hot-rod" but may also be too refined. Refined performance is really Alpina's goal.
FYI, I have an E36 M3 track car and a '00 Dinan S2 E39 M5 as a summer toy, but fit prevents long drives in it. I still like performance in my year around, daily driver!
I value your opinions! Thanks.
Appreciate 0