11-01-2021, 08:25 AM   #129
kyriian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
I probably have 2 of them, the former wasn't really its fault, the second one I think I got a lemon or you can thank Nissan
15 VW Golf TSI - it wasn't because it is a horrid car, it isn't, and 95% of normal drivers would appreciate the quality of the thing, but it is a boring appliance, mine had trim peel around the center console and cut me several times, but worst crime of this car is the clutch that feels like literally nothing, you can never tell when it engages or when it will stall.

11 Nissan 370Z - It was suppose to be the replacement for my beloved MX5, but it was a never-meet-your-heroes car, the car's absolutely dreadful on almost all metric, I got rid of it about a year later. My issues through the about 8 months of just summer driving:
-Power steering locked up, mid corner on the track, with my pregnant wife next to me. It unlocked a brief second after, but needless to say it scarred me for life
-Fuel starvation, once with a full tank on the track, second time on a interchange, the former recovered, the latter did not and i got stuck on the side of the highway waiting for CAA to deliver me fuel at rush hour. By the way, this was 3 days before my kid was born, on our anniversary. Fun times
-Clutch Master gave out during traffic jam, in the middle lane. I had two helpful bros help push me aside thankfully while again waiting for a tow. No the wife's not preggo yet this time
-Differential seems like it exists in a parallel universe, engages about 2 hours after you exit the corner
-Did I mention that in the brief time I had it, it made through 1 4 hour track day without issue, every other time i went back then, it'd have issues, typically is brakes, or steering, or oil temps. In comparison, in the 5 years in the MX5, it failed me once and I still manage to make it through the day with a failing coil

Steering never felt right, it gives no feel, it is inconsistent, makes the car feel wayward
Brakes are awful and I had decent Project Mu HC+ pads, i am fairly certain I have dealt with ice mode several times
Oil temps are ridiculous, a mostly stock car can do at most 6-7 laps

I guess its only redeeming feature is that i get more compliments on that thing than any other car, it sounds good and it looks damn good. But looks can only go so far.

I will return to the track, one day.

Last edited by kyriian; 11-01-2021 at 08:34 AM..
Appreciate 0