View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
goes to show you that BMW is making too many models.

and yea G11?, i thought 7 series is BMW's leading flagship model and should have been G1. Maybe the so planned BMW super car (M8 or whatever) is G1
As Jason pointed out The new 7er launches the carbon era @ BMW so because it is in essence a complete re-engineered model with no carry over it begins a new generation of platform matrix which will filter down the rest of the BMW models when it comes to replace them. All possible because of the focus and investment into Project-i.

The current F cars are all but complete as do not forget with the upcoming UKL family spawning 23 models between BMW and MINI all have their own designation under F.
And then you have the M cars.

Not enough models?
Yes you would be right. BMW are evaluating another series of model , a niche model in request to a growing demand. Which could relate to an additional concept under each BMW X model allowing potentially three models for example with an X3 and the X4 being the bookends there is room for an additional model that uses the opening and closing chapters but has a twist in the middle.