View Single Post
      06-30-2016, 06:51 AM   #57
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

First of all, it isn't 20 cents, it's 40 on regular, and more on premium.

I love the arguments against saving money. There is truth to the idiom that people who have more overall save more and spend less, and those who don't have much, spend.

At a bbq last Sun. I totally forgot that one of our in-laws are filthy rich, they don't act it and are unassuming, drive a RAV4.

$10/mo.? 40 cents/gal times 16 gal = ~$6.40 per tank. If a person works in NJ and lives in PA, and uses their car on weekends, it could easily be 6 tanks per month. Would you be willing to get off your a** to take $30-$40/mo. off your cable bill?

I remember there was some dude recently who was so arrogant (some may argue ******) that he said he uses a debit card to buy gas at Costco, couldn't be bothered with saving 4% by using a Costco branded credit card (how about the g** part where you get out and enter your PIN while the attendant surfs your shoulder [in NJ]). Why that's *******, it's like by lifting your little pinkie, you can save 4% off the purchase, but you are so rich you don't need to.
Appreciate 1