Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
No offense, but I always laugh at people who do this. Unless it's on the way, saving $.20/gal is at most like $3 and some change. Not to mention time and gas lost to travel to "save" the 20 cents just to wind up not paying like what, $2 bucks in taxes? So about $10 bucks a month? If someone's going to pinch pennies like that, I'd say cut down 4 cups of coffee in a month or bring lunch to work ONE day.

Commuting between NY/NJ makes sense because all the hudson river crossings have gas stations on the jersey side. Or crossing NJ borders on the way
I go into NJ enough to make it worth filling up on the return path, and the delta on premium if closer to $0.50. so it does add up over time. The only issue is you can not fill up at the border station their price is about the same as PA, so you have to go into NJ a ways to get the cost advantage. SO jumping to the border is not worth it unless your already there.
Yeah exactly thats what Im trying to say. Im taking about those who express their satisfaction of going out of their way to find the cheapest gas station and filling up there
Appreciate 0