View Single Post
      06-30-2016, 09:45 AM   #64
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
Yeah exactly thats what Im trying to say. Im taking about those who express their satisfaction of going out of their way to find the cheapest gas station and filling up there
How about this one....I have never gone to a Costco except at the extreme like 30 min. before closing where there was no line for gas. In NJ being full serve, the lines are super long. In NorCal and SoCal, even self serve had lines, also Toronto.

My policy is I only do costco if I'm empty. But when I think about it, even if it's 8 cents cheaper and you can get 22 gal like in my wife's car, round it to 20, is it worth $1.60 for your time? In a way, probably not. Yet the lines for Costco gas are long...

I believe, that human nature being what it is, they take satisfaction in not paying the full price. At Disney, anything you can get off of $170/day for a ticket, makes a person feel better (wife gets them free so that's certainly a feel good). Even on business, I hate having my employer pay $500 more just because I had to come back Sat. instead of Friday, and this is coach. We don't all act 100% rationally at all times, sometimes it's about the way a person feels. And imho the richer one is, the more one cares about money. Put it this way, I happen to know personally, how rich people (who have a lear 75) feel about repeatedly paying $900+ for new iPads and iPhones due to loss.
Appreciate 0