06-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #65
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
How about this one....I have never gone to a Costco except at the extreme like 30 min. before closing where there was no line for gas. In NJ being full serve, the lines are super long. In NorCal and SoCal, even self serve had lines, also Toronto.

My policy is I only do costco if I'm empty. But when I think about it, even if it's 8 cents cheaper and you can get 22 gal like in my wife's car, round it to 20, is it worth $1.60 for your time? In a way, probably not. Yet the lines for Costco gas are long...

I believe, that human nature being what it is, they take satisfaction in not paying the full price. At Disney, anything you can get off of $170/day for a ticket, makes a person feel better (wife gets them free so that's certainly a feel good). Even on business, I hate having my employer pay $500 more just because I had to come back Sat. instead of Friday, and this is coach. We don't all act 100% rationally at all times, sometimes it's about the way a person feels. And imho the richer one is, the more one cares about money. Put it this way, I happen to know personally, how rich people (who have a lear 75) feel about repeatedly paying $900+ for new iPads and iPhones due to loss.
The costco at near Clifton is a clusterfuck all the time, Whenever I'm up there grabbing a cup of Starbucks and leave through the back of the strip mall where Costco is, huge lines. I just use the shell right before the entrance to the mall on rt3, it's actually one of the few stations that does not rape you on the grade gap (some to the tune of 90cents) and it's also a shell!

Yeah, the military tickets for Disney World is $196 if you stay at Shades of Green, or it's $10 more at the gate. It's a 4 day pass with park hopper option. That's like 50% off
Appreciate 0