Master Deep
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSander View Post
lol, you got it wrong buddy, most of those with Li version bought them used after those big corp. in area like NY and California done with their lease. If you ever search for a used 7, most "i" are from original owners while Li went through as many as 4 owners.
haha well I'm not 100% sure. I know a lot of my friends parents buy the long versions right when they come out and everyone in my subdivision has long ones within a year of the car coming out. The short wheelbase models aren't that common here. S-classes are extremely common here. And those only come in one length. I live in Naperville, IL. Not anywhere near NY and Cali. All the dealers around here stock mostly longer wheelbase cars. That makes sense. If people cross shop the S550, and then they see the small back seats of the 750i, they want the li back seat so its an equal comparison. Most people here have kids to drive around so it would make sense. If you look at the 60+ crowd where the kids are out of the house already, they wouldn't need a back seat so they would be more apt to just go for a short wheelbase model. The only exception I see being the Lexus LS. Most of those are the short wheelbase. I'm just saying what I see people buying around me.
Appreciate 0