View Single Post
      06-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Looks wise, I think they are pretty much the same (at least to me there is not much of a difference between either).

I picked the 750i over the 750Li for a couple of reasons:

1) Lighter and hence a bit faster

2) Easier to handle. Way smaller turning circle especially with the Integral Active Steering system. The turning radius is something you have to see/experience for yourself to believe it. Simply put its amazing for such a big car!

3) I have two small kids and the room for the back seats is very generous in the 750i. Also, since I got the rear entertainment system for them (dual 9.2" screens and iDrive controller), they can adjust the screens if necessary during a drive without having to unbuckle themselves!

Now if I were to drive other people around a lot, I might consider the the Long wheelbase version and who knows, if BMW is going to release a 760Li xDrive version, I might go and buy that one
i picked the f01 for most of the reasons that X drive did

slightly more performance, better sport pkg tires too (pirelli run flats), better overall shape, small kids, plenty of room in the rear for them, etc

I also drive by myself 80 percent of the time - no need to drive a limo or feel like a chauffer
Appreciate 0