View Single Post
      04-13-2024, 09:36 AM   #64
BlackM750i
Private
Rep
Drives: 750i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
With a normal "soap-and-water" wash of the interior rim of the wheel yielded what is shown in the first picture. 85K miles does NOT wash off.

Using nothing more than a micro fiber cloth, Bar Keepers Friend in the spray bottle (not the abrasive version) and a little elbow grease, yielded what is shown in the 2nd picture...

Did only the fronts while I changed the front brake pads.

I know not many really care about such an obscure place on their car, but don't you agree it looks really, really good?

Nice, I definitely care! I clean the inside of my wheels every time I wash my car. Believe it or not, it makes a difference in how the wheels look when you're moving; the reflections of the clean inner wheel barrel as the wheels rotate, especially with painted calipers when it's sunny outside. The trifecta is clean wheels, clean inner barrels, and clean calipers. I can't see it but other people can when they admire our fine cars

it's probably much easier when you have wheels with a lot of space between the spokes because you can reach inside and clean it and don't have to remove the wheels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M_Bimmer592.50