View Single Post
      10-13-2017, 03:18 AM   #22
WarrENDeatH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Nah. He didn't set off any airbag sensors. That takes front or side impact and he had neither. The front plastic was torn off by who knows what and the scratches/dents on the sides are relatively minor. I'm guessing but it looks like the car went off the road backwards.
This is what I'm being told. That being said, not one piece of car is okay (minus the roof). I think the engine was compromised (I hit a ditch, that's what stopped the car) and the adjuster says he believes underbody damage. But I won't know if anything is totaled until he calls. Still waiting to hear back on the official word.

My rims/brakes all took a beating too. My muffler was bent as well and the back end was all mangled (I can't find any pics of the back end)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post
Happened to me in my 640 and sent me into a highway divider at 140kph after spinning twice on the passing lane. I was fine and the car survived but I've been traumatized ever since.

Glad to hear you're okay, OP, and it's a shame what happened to your beautiful car.

Spinning once was enough for me, I'm fine with spinning twice. Glad to see you're okay as well.

And yeah, as much as I was pushing for a new car, I truly did love the hell out of that car. It was a great 12k miles. Unfortunate it had to end the way it did.

It has made car shopping exciting, but stressful. Trying to get insurance to sorta hurry up so I can have some sort of transportation. I denied my rental insurance, just because my family has many cars. My parents were nice enough to let me have their CX5 while they were on vacation.
Appreciate 0