11-05-2019, 01:57 PM   #5
The7th
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 740xd M Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
I appreciate that this post is a few months old now but just in case the OP or anyone new to the forum reads this, there is indeed a setting to change the lights over from left hand / right hand traffic.

More information is available in the electronic manual (under the search terms adaptive headlights or left-hand/right-hand traffic) you can get in connected drive app by putting in your VIN but effectively the setting and changes are;

in iDrive, go to my vehicle, then vehicle settings, then lights, choose exterior lighting and then choose the correct setting for your traffic situation (in Europe for example as other posters have noted this is not available in N.A.) Options are: Right-hand or Left-hand traffic.

There are notes to changing the settings from the default for your country and car:

High beam assistance may only be available with restrictions.

Adaptive corning light may only be available with restrictions.

No mention on what restrictions though, although I imagine the range of movement and activation zone (when it will respond) are affected.

I find this a great option for driving over on the continent with a UK reg vehicle and not needing to use other means (such as the light stickers available at crossing points) while still remaining legal and safe.

Hope this is of use.

Drove my G11 in Nederlands , Germany and France so far and yes: I have a setting for LH or RH drive therefore the OP was right to ask.
Appreciate 0