DBV
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G20 330d, Brabus Smart

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.17]
2018 Brabus Smart  [10.00]
2021 BMW 330d  [10.00]
I considered the new A8 before I got my 750. Although not the same comparison, I will add my 2 cents to the discussion.

The A8 while tech heavy, and more radical in styling details such as headlights and interior, just doesn't have the same presence as the BMW.

I like the A8, and while it drives fantastically, it just isn't as involving as the BMW. I've experience the new TT V8 in the new S6, and while down on power from the S8, I can only imagine it has a similar feeling in the heavier S8. Great engine, and good power delivery (with those 0-60 times, obviously!).

Also, when comparing the S8 and B7, I would consider the uniqueness of the Alpina. Aside from BMW fans, most people don't know what it is. It looks elegant yet aggressive, giving the car a more stately appearance than the Audi.

When it comes down to it, it's a great problem to have, and I'm sure that either car will be a great ride to own. However, at the end of the day, for me, it would have to be the B7, unless I needed AWD. In my mind the Quattro system is still way ahead of the xDrive.
Appreciate 0