View Single Post
      01-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #6
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Beside myself; just don’t get it.

Got car back after 2.5 months in service for a variety of matters, one of which was to parts warranty of OEM windshield body shop just installed, which had wavy distortions.

In interim of car being in service, had four loaners; one X3 and three X5’s all of which had windshield distortion (I’ve had many, many loaners over the years and never experienced such to this extent).

So, I have my car back and lo and behold; wavy distortion still! Less than the prior glass, but still there, which my original windshield didn’t have from what I could see.

Crazy enough, it’s the second windshield the dealer ordered because the shop foreman stated the first one that came in was chipped. Makes me question whether the first one that came in was distorted as well, but equally as bad or worse than what the body shop installed.

Also thinking that maybe glass on brand new cars is superior quality to replacement glass, albeit OEM, but all loaners were next to brand new, one being completely brand new, but all US made SUV’s.

So I’m sitting here, call BMWNA, hang up after a long wait, about to e-mail them, but stop, as they're probably going to state I need to go back to the dealer.

I honestly don’t think the dealer will be able to do anything, as they’re beholden to whatever parts come in.

Don’t know what to do. Distortion is acceptable? My original glass didn’t have same. Has quality slipped? Anything to do to get a good windshield? Any way the dealer is able to test for distortions before installation?

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0