View Single Post
      08-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

We are already talking about our next ED in 3 years when this lease is up!

Can't complain about the weather at all. Sunny in Germany, overcast in Switzerland, and sunny again in Italy. It was 86 deg today in Como! The forecast for the next few days looks good as well.

We spent the morning around Bellagio. The concierge recommended we drive up and back to Cadenabbia and take the ferry across which runs every 30 minutes.

Nothing interesting to note besides thinking that the car was trapped in its parking spot upon our return on the ferry. I parked the car in a standard space near the ferry. I purposely chose a spot that would prevent someone from parking behind me and blocking me in... but sure enough, on our return we found a small silver car parked directly behind us! I was upset - since we needed to be back at the hotel to check out by 4PM. (I did not want to check out early and keep the luggage in our trunk)

I walked across the street and walked into the closest building... which happened to be a hotel. I asked the gentleman at the front desk what the procedure is for dealing with a car blocking you in? He got up and asked which car? I showed him... he walked over to the cafe next door and found a woman. "Seniora... (something in italian)". She smiled and walked right outside and moved the car. I thanked the gentleman for his help and we were off... Too bad I didn't get a picture.

As far as the roads... some are tight! Its not a problem in the cities, etc... but it can be an issue on the small roads (like those around Como). On several occasions I had to pull over and wait for a larger car (camper, etc) to pass since we both wouldn't fit.

I haven't had to pull in the mirrors yet!

In the afternoon we left for Milan. It was a short drive... 50 minutes or so. Two paid tolls on the route - first time we've had to stop and pay tolls on the trip thus far. (1.80 euro and 1.30 euro)

I don't think the car will leave the garage at all tomorrow as we explore Milan. The day after we will have a nice long drive to Monte Carlo.

Appreciate 0