03-10-2022, 03:14 AM   #106
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post

Ah can't wait to hear what the rest of the teams have to say, Redbull yes they will be venting especially from Karen Horner, but can someone record Strolls view, he will be spitting feathers.

The Ferrari isn't looking quite so game changing with its kiddy pool sidepod design anymore.
Yup horner was already complaining as noted by the sky f1 broad cast team, he believes mercedes has some illegalities. LOL of course he does, that's the typical thing to say when you can't think outside of the box anymore - the last time redbull did something fantastic was the blown diffuser. After those days redbull is just trying to compete via banning their opposition. Redbull was also complaining about their car being too fat and asked the FIA to increase minimum weight, and the FIA might actually do this and increase the weight by 3KG.

Other than that, the famed "Newey" side pod isn't so special anymore and this really was the talk of the paddock last test, neither is the ferrari side pod - and I was really impressed by this concept. I really thought mercededs were caught out this year with their really basic side pods, but nope turns out mercedes really are the masters of thinking outside the box. This concept really is insane - and it doesn't seem too be having issues with heat thus far and it is decently hot in Bahrain right now.

If this merc concept really is that good, then those brazil "rocket" speeds will be nothing compared to the already low drag 2022 cars + the merc with no side pods reducing drag even further. While those teams with massive side pods will probably be feeling the effects of drag.
irunalot1518.00