View Single Post
      04-22-2016, 12:10 PM   #90
howards09750li
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 750li

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinbusy View Post
Great info on this thread.. I just bought a 2010 750li X with 98k miles. It was one owner car will almost all extra packages except rear lux seating. The car has warranty for the next 2000 miles / end of Oct. It had the cust care package done couple months before I bought the car. I took the car in for rear brake replacement and seat thigh support replacement. After 3 days I got the Drivetrain Malfunction message and the scanner told cylinder 6 was misfiring. It happens only when driving at high rpms (5000+). It goes away when the car is turned off and turned on. However the check engine light stays on. I cleared the service light and took it a drive. No issues if I keep the RPM below 5000. Doesn't matter which mode you are in if the revs go higher than 5000+ I get the Drivetrain malfunction message again. The car goes to limp mode and engine vibrates when the car is at slow speed(5mph) or stand still.
Took it to the dealer and they said its a bad injector (mine were index 12). Next day they found that the fuel line was cracked and I had to wait for the parts another day. At least I got a loaner X5 to drive around.
OK, mine said cylinder 6 also. That is odd. I still get the drivetrain malf. all the time. Taking it in next week for the N63 Customer Care Package.
Appreciate 0