05-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #61
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by picus View Post
I love that. So many people think of detailing as washing a car. You're an RN and need to point out that you don't make $75/hr, so a detailer shouldn't? Is that the inference? Do you pay your mechanic $75/hr? Your plumber? Your roofer? Electrician? I bet you do. The difference is for those trades you need a license, and to detail you don't - which is why there are so many hacks. If electricians were as unregulated as detailers houses would be burning down all over the place. Does that mean detailing is easier? No, it's just that anyone can call themselves a professional. Problem is most of them suck; the same as I'd suck at re-wiring your house.

Detailing at this level is every bit as skilled as being any one of the trades I just mentioned. And before someone rags on me for defending my trade; I spent a long time in school to become an engineer; I make more money detailing then I did working as an engineer. Is that wrong? I don't think so - detailing is every bit as skilled and a hell of a lot harder work.
AMEN. I am an engineer as well and I make more money in my business (detailing/Paint Protection Film). Like you said anybody can call themselves a pro. But in the end it comes down to a few who really know what they are doing or stand behind their work. Work with Integrity = priceless. Work without it = car wash by random person. lol. You and I have parallel lives there man.

Exactly, My wife is a PA-C (certified Physican Assistant) and she does not make 75$/hr, so does that mean I should not make it either??? I probably did spend more time researching and learnign than she did in school though....
Appreciate 0