05-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #65
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
I do understand what you are saying, but not all people like their car to be machined. I explain what needs to be done, present them with options of how it can be achieved and then let them make the determination. I guess it all goes down to the level of detail you are doing. Just wheels alone would take me 1 hour or so to do. They will be taken off the car and cleaned/waxed. Engine bay will take 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Interior will take about 2-3 hours. And the exterior I do not want to even start on that. It's skilled work and I am putting a lot of time into it. Considering my time and opportunity cost, I come with my number. I am not willing to detail for 20-30$ an hour simple because I am not doing the car wash like place job.

This car will require a lot attention.
I'm sorry, I do not want to put down your work, but your description to me sounds like cleaning a ballroom floor with a tooth brush.
sure Vintage is rad, but if they screw up the prep it won't matter if they coat it in pure white carnauba picked from trees that bloom every ten years during a full moon; it will still look like ass. ---PICUS
Appreciate 0