View Single Post
      05-02-2016, 09:16 AM   #34
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

The other part of the equation missing from this discussion in terms of dealerships is that it's kinda hard to convince a franchise owner that he needs to stop selling his Cadillac inventory on the same showroom floor as his Chevy's and Buicks because of the costs involved with such a seperation. So, now, the argument is going to be "Well Cadillac should pony up to help them!" Yeah, with what money??? That's the problem they are faced with, currently, in terms of dealership infrastructure. Go read up on it. This is something that Cadillac is already working on, it is SO much easier said than done. Here, a lot of people buy Cadillacs. Is it a coincidence that both our Caddy dealers are independent (of other GM dealers owned by the same groups) and free-standing? IDK...I really don't. I will say that, in my experience, both of them measure up to other luxury marques. As for Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti they had the benefit of time being allowed to think through their dealer structure before launching. So it's still not fair to compare their abilities to be where they are and do what they do to Cadillac's.

For me, I love the exterior styling of the newer Caddy's, but I have to live INSIDE the damn thing. I just don't like the interior of a Chevy Volt, sorry...
Appreciate 0