05-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #35
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
You do realize that my posts were jokes in response to other posts? I neither believe that bmw drivers are douchebags or that cadillac drivers are old people cars.

Sales figures show that the brand sells less cars than its competitors, Cadillac is not setting records in really any category compared to its competitors.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/

ATS sells about 1500-1800 a month. so any slight variation in sales affects the % a lot more than 12,000-15,000 a month of a 3/4 series. I hope you understand that when you compare 2 extreme numbers like that in % terms it is a silly discussion.

You should love your ATS, it is a fine car. The brand is not selling compared to the competition. That is a fact.
I saw no offense to the "old person car" or the "BMW douche" as it doesn't matter but reality is some of both stigma's are true. My wife couldn't believe I wanted a Cadillac and she wasn't interested in BMW partly for the BMW image. When I tell someone I bought an ATS, many question why I would consider a Cadillac and even ask what it is (no idea it is a small "sporty" sedan). Tell anyone you bought a 3 series and no explanation needed.

No matter how great the next Jaguar sedan is it won't sell in record numbers or come anywhere close to the numbers the 3/4 series sell, therefore using the same logic, we might as well declare it not as good as the 3/4 series and it is a sales failure right now. I mean if you can't beat the highest volume seller you must have the wrong product.

I also believe that BMW realizes (and for chasing the volume Cadillac probably should also) that the masses aren't interested in steering feel, have limited interest in ultimate handling and care far more for expensive dealerships and brand image. Not sure chasing volume is really any interest to me personally as I am not a stockholder but instead interested in a certain type of vehicle.

Virtually all BMW cars and Cadillac cars are down in both numbers and virtually all SUV/CUV's are up. Seems to me we should at least consider where the market has gone as being part of the problem. The SRX was headed out the door for the new model and it sold in record numbers and the Escalade is also doing extremely well. Somehow for both the dealerships and sales people suddenly were ok.