View Single Post
      04-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
thijs-v-d-H
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
Thank you for your most prompt reply TVDH; much appreciated!

2. Top-view is not available until September production for October delivery according to most all dealers. The only model it is now available on is the 760. Not too cool, especially on an Individual order; they're rare enough, you would think BMW would make an exception!

3. Please do let me know if you come across the make and model of an all-season tire that fits on the 20" Individual wheels.

4. Thank you for the links, though, not like viewing in person. Hmm.

5. I'll be sure to reach out to the person named. I've already signed up for m5board.com, but for some reason it's not allowing me to post a new thread or send private messages. Do you know the direct e-mail address of the gentleman mentioned?

6. If you can obtain any additional information whatsoever on this for me I would be very grateful (i.e.: order code / part number, cost, actual name, etc., so that I make a valiant effort to press the dealer on same).

Thank you! JD.
2. As far as I know it is part of option code 5DL: Surround view. This option includes top view and sideview. Big factories are very bad handling with exceptions...

3 Sorry mis read the fact you are looking for allseasons. 20inch is to big for allseasons.

But where do you live? I mean with X-drive there is no need for allseason tires. look the youtube clip I've linked to. This car is on regular tires and still has more than enough grip! It doesn't even drift.

But why not get a 760li if you are allready willing to splash the extra cash on an individual? In that case you can buy two sets of rims, one 20inch individual set for summer and a 19inch with winter tires. I mean on the end of the day X-drive doesn't make the car any more fun. And you'll get top view as a bonus

5 Just wait for your acount to get activated and than send him a PM.

6 Here in europe it is option code 761, Individual extra tan rear windows, (as seen on that 760li in Azurite) Costs around 500 euro's here in Europe.

Last edited by thijs-v-d-H; 04-29-2010 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0