Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_330i View Post
Yeah I recognize that the interior is cheap. I guess that's only fair given the price though. I'm not expecting leather from a car that's like $21K MSRP, but there is definitely room for improvement

That's terrifying. Interesting that SCCA would ban the base Fiesta but allow the ST though-- I didn't think any of the ST-specific upgrades changed the center of gravity.

The VW would be a huge step up from the Fiesta, certainly. But it comes at a higher MSRP (now that I think about it, I guess I don't care, I don't buy cars new anyway). Also, maybe I'm crazy, but I think it would cost less to own the Ford over the years as opposed to the GTI.

The reviews really praise the ST but I guess it's really nothing special. I'm essentially just intrigued by the idea that an American car company can make a relatively successful hot hatch. I'm glad I made this thread, you guys have good insight.
I decided to keep my Mazdaspeed6 over getting either of the ST models. Also thought about the SHO since it is AWD, but I like my MS6 over the ones in the range of what my MS6 would sell for enough to keep it.
Appreciate 0