04-25-2018, 05:25 PM   #373
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
Well just to bring this full circle, the car is back to it's full glory, new bumper, dent fixed as shown above and no hint that anything was ever wrong with it, I just need to get over it in my head now! Few more swirls than I would like after I forgot to tell BMW not to wash it when they did the bumper but they are minor and will disappear in my next detailing session next month, so finally happy with it again!

Tried out Ambient air finally too, it's actually really good, a really nice subtle scent. The only thing I wish is that it was on by default when starting the car. Also all the scents are very nice but it's almost too many to choose from!

FastLaneJB did you manage to sort out your cartridges?
I've got 2 carts but not tested them yet, just spotted them into the car. In fairness my sense of smell has never been all that strong so I remember when testing them in a loaner to me they were pretty weak.

Dealer has agreed to get me a pack of 4 more, I called at the end of the day to chase as I still also need the remote for the rear entertainment. Hopefully get that all done soon and can just enjoy the car fully.

Glad you've got yours sorted, sucks to have to have gone through all that but it's what I would have done. I caught the wing mirrors on my old house on my 330d not long after I'd got it, was utterly gutted but got it resprayed and my happiness returned.

Can see how it's possible to catch something on a car this size. I've been often stopping when the parking display switches to the close up of the rear or front. It looks like your practically touching on the display but when I get out there's still quite a bit of room. However in a lot of spaces the car isn't sticking out too badly the other end that it feels like it's an issue either. Happy that the LWB isn't quite the issue I was worried about so far.

I even risked a KFC drive through the other day. It's one of the wider ones but I had the 360 display on and it wasn't a problem at all. In fact going slowly and watching it you could kind of see the rear not flowing as you'd normally expect in a car. As in it does more follow where the front wheels go than a car without it. Obviously it isn't fully but it does help you not have to swing out too wide to avoid curbing the rear. So the rear wheel steering does have some noticeable effect.
Appreciate 0