View Single Post
      10-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #35
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Would love to see Bumgarner start Game 7 but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen based on how Hudson was talking during a post-game interview.

Like Peavy, Hudson tends to give up runs early and takes awhile to get into a groove. Hopefully, Hudson won't have the same experience tomorrow that Peavy had tonight.

The MLB commentators felt that Peavy had good stuff but just had BAD LUCK. I think they were just being nice. Peavy got lit up by the Royals like it was the 4th of July. The commentators also thought that he was put on too short a leash BUT, based on what happened, I don't think it was short enough. Personally, I thought Petit should have started today; rotation be damned. Go w/your BEST and throw the dice. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Petit is NOT use to coming into a game w/any men on base let alone w/the bases loaded. I'm sure he felt stress because of that and make several pitching mistakes that he might not normally make. It was a tough spot and Bochy took him out of it ASAP so as not to wear him out and so as not to damage his psyche too much, so that he'd still be available to pitch tomorrow.

Will be interested to see what the Giants roster looks like for tomorrow. It may be the key to winning or losing the game.

GO GIANTS!!!