View Single Post
      01-12-2015, 12:16 AM   #1
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

best classic hotrod for weekends and as an investment

Just sold mt present hotrod, a turbocharged Subaru BRZ that was sweet and FAST. I just changed my mind and now want to buy a classic car that will Appreciate over time as I own it instead of losing value with every passing day like my BRZ was.

Detomaso Pantera has always been my all-time favorite car, looking at few, the one with my main interest is a Pantera race car that I'll be putting back to street use, and use for track days and AX. I have to wait til the end of the month to view this car. I live 20 minutes from Sears Point and do track days fairly often.

Most Panteras I see are modified, and range greatly from stock, to totally crazy. Most all are modified, and numbers matching and originality does not seem to matter.

My second choice is a 63-67 corvette. Most that I see are restored to stock and flawless, number matching. I see many super nice versions for sale, many more to choose from.

I see a lot of AC Cobra replicas that seem to be within my price range, just not sure about resale value in 5-10 years.

Then theres always the standards, old Camaros and Mopars, GTO's,, high option musclcars.

Not interested in older Porsches, already went there.

I'm looking in the 60k range, and want a weekend driver that makes me feel good, and won't depreciate over the next 5-10 yerars. Not looking to compare it to investing or keeping the money in the bank, I just want to have a fun, special classic car that I'll get my money back or more if/when I decide to sell it in 5-10 years.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated, or, to put it another way, if you had 60k to spend on a fun weekend driver classic car, what would you buy?

Mike
Appreciate 0