View Single Post
      01-15-2015, 11:07 AM   #7
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

That's one awesome looking Camaro!

Still looking at Panteras, hoping to check out one in Socal before looking at others and other car models.

Here's a pic of the Pantera I plan to buy at the end of the month, if everything checks out.

And when I say "investment", I mean more like something I can own and enjoy, and not have it lose it's value over time, not necessarily looking at all this as an "invenstment".

I know full well, cars are THE best place to piss good money away, but I love cars and racing and wrenching. I'm a motorhead, what can I say.

As an example, here's what I DON'T want to happen. Last year, I buy a 2013 subaru BRZ for 30, it's slow as molasses so I throw another 20 at it making it into a totally badass track/street beast (turbo, meth injection, Motec, suspension, the works!).
I change my mind and decide now I want a Pantera, and I sell the BRZ all built up, fast kickass beast, only 50000 miles on the car, for 27k. I got exactly half back in one year.

Now, I totally accept all this, I know I was never going to make money or even come close.

This time though, I want to buy a classic, drive it on occasions and maybe a track day, and in 5-10-20 years, when I sell the car, I'll get back hopefully what I bought it for, or maybe even more, HOPING.
Attached Images

Last edited by mike the snake; 01-15-2015 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0