03-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #8
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Champignon, mon frere! I apologize I don't know much about Porsches, except that the 911 line does nothing for me. I don't like the sound that much. Of the new cars, I find the 2014 Cayman S to be compelling. I love the side profile and it comes in great colors. The Yellow and Blue are extra beautiful. I am not mentioning the GT4 because that is over budget but it might be possible to find a manual NA 2014 Cayman S in your price range. Unfortunately, the second generation uses electric steering but it has been universally praised as the gold standard in electric steering so I would at least drive one. I do love the 917 of yesteryear and the only other Porsche that appeals to me is the 944S and 944 Turbo. I have never driven one, but again I find the lines compelling and well within budget. Of the new cars, the 2014 Cayman is at the top of my short list of modern cars. I hope you pick one up here in SoCal so we can take it for a spin. : )

Best wishes. 2 cents
Nacho, I knew you would come through for me!

We have had a very long, cold, and snowy winter. My 3 summer cars have been imprisoned inside garages since the beginning of December. Today I took the 135is Convertible and the 1M off the lifts and out for a 10 mile spin, each. I am going to Boise in a couple of days and then I will take my Z3M Coupe out a bit. Life is good and getting better . . . . .
Appreciate 0