View Single Post
      02-11-2016, 11:05 AM   #10
Andy348
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 Jeep SRT

Thanks for the replies. Not what I was expecting around here, was kinda expecting to be called a grandpa lol

I think my issue is just when technology crosses over to the actual usage of the car. I have a 2015 Wrangler with sat nav, bluetooth, etc. I fully expect to own that car for as long as possible, and there is no doubt that the nav and music player, etc will all one day be obsolete. However, even if it never works again, it's not a huge deal because it is definitely not necessary to the functioning of the car.

Whereas when I look at newer cars, all errors, oil changes, suspension issues, chassis malfunctions, etc are all routed straight through to that screen. Losing that screen and tech down the road would be a substantial issue to the usage and performance of the car. This gets even freakier for me when I consider that there is electronics associated with applying the brakes and all the rest of the stuff.

I guess I just need to start finding some awesome cars from the late 90s and early 00s...
Appreciate 0