Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Just got back from Monticello. I'd say the $250 was worth it for someone looking to be introduced to some of the aspects of tracking.

The instructor hot lap was hilarious. Our instructor went right over one of the bump curbs and we got airborne. The lady in the car with my friend and I started freaking out.

I do have one question though: Is that much tire debris normal on a track? I wouldn't ever feel comfortable tracking my car with the amount of tire chunks pelting the shit out of the front of the car.
At the couple of BMW HPDE that I have attended, there is some melted tires and some sticks to your tires making you think there out of balance but I don't remember the amount of crud flying up like there was at this event. Heard one instructor say to another the one of the M3 windshield we broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Sure.

Overall it was damn fun for someone who's a beginner on the track. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who's experienced at the track, though. I think it might be boring especially if you get put in a novice group on the track portion.
When you sign up you specify if you are a beginner, intermediate or pro. Which helped some.
Appreciate 0