View Single Post
      04-24-2017, 11:10 PM   #23
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

I've been through leadership courses (Primary Non-Commissioned Officer's Course - PNCOC (prior to promotion to Sergeant) and Basic Non-Commissioned Officer's Course - BNCOC (prior to promotion to Staff Sergeant)). They taught you about the qualities of leadership. Things like integrity and accepting responsibility and morale courage (you know, the things all politicians lack). They were instrumental in focusing one's mind on the things that help make successful leaders.

And I've taken courses on the science of leadership, which is a different animal but still important. Things like personality traits of those who work with you and how groups perform and so on.

Both valuable studies. Natural leadership is a seed. With the right training, it can be cultured and grown into a powerful tool. I've seen "leaders" who just don't have the gift despite all the training. And I've seen leaders who needed little training, but just some fine tuning. The "naturals." But in both cases the practice of studying and training for leadership is valuable and not to be dismissed. It's always worth the effort.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410784.50
Maynard3848.00