View Single Post
      05-21-2016, 10:51 PM   #58
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
I would say a combination of all the above. I believe I found one already, please read below!

Today was a long day man, looked at a few cars and when all hope was lost the sun, moon and stars were all aligned for me that landed me a very interesting car. Here it goes - CLIFF NOTES ON BOTTOM.

Ok so this morning I dragged the better 1/2 outta bed and drove about 35 minutes north into Ft. Lauderdale to see a 2008 e92 335iA at Carmax. The car looked great on the outside, not so great on the inside. The tan interior was extremely worn, dirty and scuff marks all over. Radio pixels were all but gone, rear wheels were up front, though all four tires had plenty of meat left haha. Car lacked power as my 328i felt faster so I think it needed the walnut blasting as it probably never had it at 70k miles. Car vibrated at high speeds and I was just turned off by all the negatives.

We quickly left and went to this Lincoln dealership closer to home in Miami where they had a zillion Mercedes Benz's and maybe 9 BMW's. I showed my wife the 2012 c250 that had sport package, nice 18 inch wheels with new beefy tires that was as clean as a whistle. Test drive went well and we went over numbers. They actually approved me for a better rate than I was approved but the wait was crazy. We had to wait as they were short staffed or whatever so I told them that we had to leave and do some errands quickly and return.

I returned alone (I dropped of my wife and picked up our son and dropped them off at my wife's cousins house nearby) so when I returned in the CTS they told me they would see me now as I was outside looking at other cars UNTIL I saw this nice looking white/black e90 335i sport with nav with a lousy 55k miles. The car looked modded - blacked out kidney grills, lowered, M3 front bumper, rear apron from I don't know where, carbon fiber trunk spoiler, exhaust is kind of loud and 19 inch BMW Performance wheels (I don't know the style, I know I fail) RennTech trunk badge with RennTech decals on the small rear quarter windows (I think thats what they are called)? Now doesn't RennTech deal with only Mercedes/AMG? So It was cheaper and had less miles than the Mercedes so I told them I wanted to test drive it.

Test drive won me over. Everything under the hood looked stocked so I was like fuck it, I'll buy this. They said OK and now I have it. Pulls like a beast but the sad part is that I have no idea what mods are in that thing. In the morning I'll take pics of the car and under the hood and let you guys determine. Yes, I suck and don't know much about performance parts lol. This car is way faster than my E39 M5 I had years ago and made the two previous 335i's I drove feel like my old 528e. My son loves the car, my wife is happy that I'm happy (she is afraid to drive a stick as she had a double mastectomy back in 2012) and feels pain on her left side of her body). Step daughter is sleeping over a friends house but I know she'll like it.

Overall, I feel satisfied but I need to see how much power I'm making at the rear wheels but most importantly this could be a N54 single turbo conversion. This thing is fast and keeps going and going. Not sure if car is on coilovers or with lowering springs/shocks or just on lowering springs. I'll post pics in the morning for sure.

CLIFF NOTES:

Got a 2009 e90 335i/6 speed with mods I have no idea about
Sounds good man--glad you got something that will give you a thrill. Go hold the down arrow on right side of steering wheel and see if the screen changes. If it does you have a JB4. (I'm actually going from memory for E90 which I and a year ago) You can find out right away if it has JB4.
Is there a decently strong exhaust smell, like jet engine meets lawnmower....you will know if you stand at back of car. Then DP's. If you rev up a little and then get off gas and let the rpms fall does it make exotic pop sound? If it does you have Dp's and/or PPK. I had an N55 so not sure about the twin turbo conversion.