View Single Post
      09-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #66
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 Vert 6MT Carbon/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
It's more that when they don't work, it's easy to get a replacement or a fix. Further it's either free or relatively cheap. Having had three generations of iPhones, my wife and I have had six or seven replaced for various reasons for free and the one I left on top of a car was only $150 to replace. I've never paid for Apple Care either.

My experience with friends on Androids is that replacement and damaged phones are much more expensive and also generally requires dealing with a carrier store or mailing in the damaged phone and waiting for a replacement or fix.

Perhaps the best thing for me is that for the five or six years I've had an iPhone, I haven't stepped into a creepy AT&T store.
that can be said for any phone today especially if you have insurance. if your phone breaks and its your fault you just pay a $100 deductible and they send you a replacement. you only send your old phone back AFTER you get the new one. if its a manufacturer defect then its the same process except you
dont pay anything. for example, the battery on my wifes galaxy s3 was acting funny so Verizon sent her a new one and she sent her old one back only after she got the new one. thats another plus android, they have phones with removable batteries, with apple you need to either drag yourself to an apple store or send your phone back.

iv had my galaxy s4 for about a year and half and have zero problems, my parents and brothers all got an iphone 5 a couple of months after i got the S4 and each phone has either a battery problem or the home button doesnt work.
Appreciate 0