Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
well I didn't manage to do the road trip, the wife had a bit of a medical issue baby related (but everything is fine) so I wanted to stay at home. Now the car is with the detailer, since Monday. I will be getting it back tomorrow so will finally manage to get some pictures up.

I didn't really use the 7 in the snow much, but when I did, it seems that it was able to grip slightly better than the 6 I reckon.

Its a bit annoying that as soon as it's detailed, it will get dirty with salt and so on, but I am mainly getting it done to protect it and make it easier to clean, so at least the dirt will be easy to get off! And because I have to park under a tree, the sap and bird poo won't damage the paint
Glad to hear everything is okay with your wife and baby. ^

As you say, at least the car will be protected then, even if it gets dirty fairly quickly and be easier to clean, know what you mean about trees, there are two areas I have to park often when I am in the office and invariably the tree drops sap or the bloody birds use it for target practise....Although they do seem to like dark coloured cars better from anecdotal evidence in our company so watch out!

Good to hear the 7 seemed a bit better in snow, maybe just the latest software for all the driving aids/traction controls have been improved slightly? In any case good to hear. Hope you are still very happy with it and your choice. ^

Safe travels, would be great if you do get some pictures to see her in all her glory and done up and have time. ^