View Single Post
      03-21-2018, 10:23 AM   #340
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Yeah I've got the original Super Sports on my M5, the generation before the 4S came out. In the summer they grip extremely well and can handle the power of the M5 pretty good. However I'd say when it drops below roughly 7C even when it's dry they really do then start to struggle to put the power down usefully at all.

One of those things where you need to have summer and winter tyres but just happy to be going 4 wheel drive which solves those kind of issues much better.

Look at the temps though currently, weekend was freezing and with snow so ideal for winter tyres and pointless for my Super Sports (Didn't go anywhere). Then today it's now 10.5C plus dry and my Super Sports are gripping extremely well. Probably warm enough that winters aren't a great choice. You'd need to be changing the wheels over a couple of times a week the way the weather is currently.

I blame Pelo Cat . He's so busy posting on these forums he's neglecting his mastery of the weather
Yeah I'm putting my money on the fact that the phase for winter tyres has passed this year, a few weeks late but finally gone. I will look to buy some cheap BMW winter wheels "Off season" before the cold returns.

Or maybe stick winters on these and bump up to some 20s for summer
Appreciate 0