View Single Post
      03-29-2017, 10:02 AM   #98
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Racecar (SOLD)

Garage List
I was 17 years old and ran across a super rare AWD 1.6L Turbo "Handling Tuned by Lotus" 1991 Isuzu Impulse RS. The car had rear wheel steering and was a little pocket rocket. Found it sitting in the back lot of a local shady car dealer. The guy said the clutch was burnt out, but when it runs "it runs like a raped date!". (errrrrr... is that supposed to be good?). Needless to say, I had to buy it and drove off in it with my pocket $500 lighter.

Fast forward, I discovered that whole raped date thing was not a term of endearment. The car was a dumpster fire. The new clutch took 6 months to arrive due to rarity of the car. Tons of electrical gremlins that forced you to restart the car every 3-4 minutes while driving. The suspension was crap. The tires were bald. But being a young 17 y.o. my knowledge of tuning was limited, so we decided to crank up the boost with a manual boost controller (with no other mods or tuning, ha!). I remember drag racing an E46 M3 from a red light and pulling away from him. Victory.

Unfortunately that victory was short lived. A week later, while in a parking lot going around a turn the bald front tires slid on the wet seal coated asphalt and slid right into a curb. The drivers side wheel and suspension were ruined. I put the car up on eBay, and sold it in 2 hours for $2k to some guy who drove 6 hours down to pick it up.

It was by far the worst car I've ever owned, but at least I made a few bucks off of it
Attached Images

Appreciate 1