04-25-2015, 09:51 AM   #23
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
If you're talking about communication with others and being candid, then I'm about a 7. I've learned that it is often better to keep my thoughts to myself, especially at work. Many of my colleagues have worked together for many years and I'm still the new guy. It's too easy to misinterpret things when you don't know the history between two people.

I've also learned what kinds of things Wifey will obsess about, so I avoid those subjects. For instance we have a couple of outdoor semi-feral cats. If one of them is looking in the front window when I'm going to bed and I say something, Wifey will start wondering if the cat is cold or hungry or why it's looking in. Eventually she'll get up to go feed it even though there is already food out. So I keep my mouth shut.

I don't consider either of those things to be dishonest, though. I'm just withholding my thoughts.
Yeah that's different. I've learned similar things along the way, whether it be women or work, some things are better left unsaid as a whole.

I had an instance yesterday where I went out with the fluid integraters to the plant for lunch. We were sitting around and I was joking around saying "So when are you and your guys gunna get off your ass and clean up that back area?" I got this cold stare and he said "Hey. Shut the fuck up, Will".

I got up with his boss and went to the salad bar and he said "I had to hold in my laughs, I don't know what his deal is but he's reaaaally sensitive about the stock room for the bins in back".

We had a good laugh, but now I know just to not say anything at all. Sheesh.
Appreciate 0