07-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #28
Hyperlink
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasInMN View Post
I posted this in the general forum as well, but since I was most interested in what it meant for the F30, here's what I found out so far. Talked to the foreman at my dealership (who I trust, for what it's worth), and they just had a technical meeting specifically about this issue. According to him, cars with a combox (CIC, NBT) will be receiving a retrofit upgrade to solve the issue in the next couple of months (July/August 2016). However, he is under the impression that BMW may be requiring an active Assist plan to perform this upgrade under warranty. He isn't certain exactly what the fix is yet, but at least for my 2013 F30, he's almost sure there will be a fix very soon to keep these services going, but on the faster network (3G/4G). He did say that they were told there will be no option for older vehicles (2011 and older) without a combox - those vehicles will just unfortunately have inactive buttons and menu features after January 1, 2017. Again, not sure what the specific requirements will be, according to my shop, the 2012-2013 F30 with an active Assist account and factory warranty should have a technical fix "any day now" - his words. Can't confirm for other vehicles.

Thanks ChasInMN. Let us know when the dealership gets back to you regarding this issue. I'm curious to see if I'm eligible for this upgrade.
Appreciate 0