View Single Post
      01-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #20
Arthurrs
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i xdrive Gran Coupe

When I got married almost 26 years ago, I really wanted to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon, but we went to Jamaica instead to save money (I was halfway through graduate school at the time).

Last spring we celebrated our 25th anniversary in Hawaii, our 3rd trip there (first two with our kids in previous years). We stayed at the Fairmont Orchid on the Big Island, what an awesome hotel, a real gem of a place to stay, never felt crowded or overrun with kids (although it is very kid friendly), they have very nice pool and a small lagoon/beach with some amazing snorkeling to be found there. Staff and service was fantastic, and being a Fairmont Premier member I got an upgrade to an oceanfront suite using my certs! If you're an AMEX platinum, you should be able to get status with Fairmont properties as well. Yes, it was spendy, but absolutely well worth it, having been to a half dozen other high end properties in Hawaii, it was by far the best. Liked it so much that we rearranged our flights and stayed an extra night (they found another oceanfront suite for us for the extra night).

Attached are some pics that I took, one at our sunset oceanside anniversary dinner at Browns, and then the spectacular view from the two suites we stayed in. Not to mention that there is so much to do and see on the Big Island, we're already planning a 3rd trip to the island, and of course a 2nd visit to the Orchid.

http://www.fairmont.com/orchid-hawaii/
Attached Images

Last edited by Arthurrs; 01-16-2017 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 1