View Single Post
      07-06-2015, 02:22 PM   #58
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze4eMCe View Post
It looks like the winners are the 2 and 4 series- I think the 320 has diluted the 3 series to a degree. I know that in Europe they offer many more engine choices and it doesn't dilute the model- but the USA is a different market. A 3 series is going through a midlife crisis- kinda round in the middle showing it still can dance but the competition is tougher- new A4 while a bit sterile beats the 3 (4) for interior look/feel and nav. and the C series even with its ugly rear end and tacked on Ipad look, has enough other stuff to give the 3 a real difficult time. But the 4 series just seems fresh and is even better for BMW as the prices are a bit higher than the 3. But looks like a runaway hit for BMW and will absorb some of the loss in 3 series.
BMW isn't losing 3 series sales to C class or A4, it lost sales to the 4er, it's pretty clear many pre-4er 3 series buyers would have bought the 4 had it been available. 3er coupe sales have always been way stronger ratio to sedan wise than the c class or A4/5.
Appreciate 0