View Single Post
      01-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
Very nice ride. I'm sort of regretting not getting the Rear Comfort Seats; the rear seat bottoms seem rather 'short' to me. Otherwise:

1. The Rear Comfort Seats may be causing the lack of a pass through Ski Bag.

2. Correct, no more First Aid Kit. Very strange for them to remove this for the US. I did get one, though, because I did European Delivery; which I made sure to pack in my luggage so that they would not remove same at the VDC.

3. Correct, even with the Premium Sound Package, you no longer get the CD Changer above the glove compartment. Instead, for 2011, Satellite Radio is no longer a standalone option, and is included in place of the CD Changer. But, yes, if you wanted the CD (DVD) Changer above the glove compartment, you would have had to order the Rear Entertainment System; which I did not due to EMF concerns.

xDrive50i: I don't believe US models ever received the additional CD/DVD Changer at the rear of the center console; different for Canada / Europe, etc.

craker123: Can you please post a list of all of your options; I'm interested! And, how did you know about 5 Place Seating with the Rear Comfort Seats; did you salesperson inform you of this change for 2011!? And, lucky you got the Pirellis; I have the Goodyears
We ordered this car three times, and BMW built three 7 series. The third one being this one. I have to thank the CA for being patient through the whole process. She is in Florida and arranged for a courtesy delivery in Dallas. Got a great price and a great service.

The first one we ordered in July with a August build with rear comfort without individual. Back in August you can get only the 4 seats. Once the Sep bulletin came out we asked the dealer to delay the build till late September. They tried moving the order but was too late so the first car was built. The second order had a late october build. In the first week of october on a visit to a local dealer the shadow line trim, big wheels and the steering on the M Sport package looked nice. But we were not so impressed by the chrome in the M Sport. So the alternative to this was getting an Individual package. After seeing XDrive5.0 post on the individual we were convinced to order his combination. Sent an email to the CA to change the order since we had 3 more weeks to build. Some how within a day of email the second order went into production. CA was not happy initially with another order change but none the less, decided to place an order for the individual car. Here are the options on the final order.

We are glad to have gotten the Individual , without the Individual the car would not have felt the same. One option that should also a must on this car is the Active Roll Stabilization . Because of the size , the car tends to lean a lot in the corners if you are in comfort mode.

Third and Final Order :
Citrin Black
Platinum Individual
Piano Black
Lux Seating Front
Lux Seating Rear - 5 place seating
Premium sound
Integral steering
Ceramic controls
Heads up display
Rear view camera
Smartphone integration
Driver assistant package
Cold weather package , with wood inlay steering wheel

Last edited by cracker123; 01-04-2011 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: forgot cold weather package
Appreciate 0