View Single Post
      01-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #1
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
What dash cameras are you using on your 7 series?

Lately, I've been thinking of getting a dash cam for my G11 730d in the UK...as there are just too many idiots on the road and nearly every week I have some close encounter so am now considering whether to get a dash cam to help record these events in the eventuality that a collision may occur...

I've seen the various reviews on which and note that BMW have rebranded one themselves...There is now a v2 of the advanced car eye but it appears to be requiring a different rear view mirror so it looks like the original (which is quite big and may actually cause a break-in of its own as people think it is a digital camera worth stealing) or one of the aftermarket ones (which leads to how to do front and rear and not drain the battery, etc...)

So really just curious if anyone else is using dash cams on their G series 7 and if so, which ones and how do you get on with them, etc..

Thanks in advance, I did try to search if this had been discussed previously but didn't find the search tool particularly helpful (far too many threads appeared with 'advanced car eye' and also just for 'eye' as terms)...sorry if it has been discussed, please just point me to that thread and I'll read it instead! (I do note one thread on the 5 series forum but would like any G series 7 comments particularly...)

Thanks!
Appreciate 0